Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June 24, 2013


Hello family, friends, and strangers (maybe...we dont' know)... This Just In! Transfer week is this week and President Nielson called and told me that I am training next transfer!!!! Oh me oh my! For all those out there who don't know what that means, I'll tell you! It means that for the past 8 weeks that I've been in the country, I have been being trained. The training program is 12 weeks long. But I am stopping midway through because I will be training someone fresh from the MTC come Thursday!! In a way I am so scared! But on the other hand, I know that this will be the most amazing experience for me because I will without a doubt have SO MANY trials in this upcoming transfer! But I will be able to exercise more faith than ever before in the Lord! I'll need His divine help as I teach this new sister things, I'll need His help understanding Polish. I'll need His help dicerning people's needs because I might not be able to understand them myself! I'll need His help with LITERALLY EVERYTHING I DO! I am actually excited for this insane trial of faith! I get the chance to put this all to the test! I know that Heavenly Father will help me! SO that's the big news!

I have two amazing experiences I'd like to share. First is with Lucyna (who has a baptismal date for July 27th!). We met her on the street and she just looked so sad! We talked to her and set up a meeting. At the first meeting, she still looked so depressed, and the atmosphere in the lesson was just a little sad (i mentioned her in my last week's email). We asked her to read some of the Book of Mormon and the Plan of Salvation pamphlet. The next time we saw her, we could see a difference in her eyes! She looked happier and seemed to have more hope! We extended a baptismal date for the end of next month and she accepted! A few days later, we had another lesson with her, and she looked even better! This time in a dress and smiled when she saw us! We watched the Restoration film and after it was over she said she could feel the love of God in her heart as she watched the movie! We asked her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and to ask the Lord if it was true and asked her to pray about Joseph Smith. The next day, we had another meeting with her and asked her if she recieved an answer. She said she believes the Book of Mormon to be true and the Joseph Smith is "the truest of all the prophets"! We were blown away! The change in her has been miraculous to watch and this is only the 4th time we've met with her! She is so excited for her baptism next month! It is just so amazing to be a part of this amazing change in her life!

The other amazing experience was that Sister Bezdjian and I got the standard this week and also reached our goal of teaching 26 lessons (beating Sister Bezdjian's record from her entire mission!) The Lord blessed us with EXACTLY the numbers that we needed to acheive these goals! I have really learned a lot about goal making in the past few weeks! But the amazing thing and Hand of the Lord that I witnessed this week was yesterday in church. We were sitting in church with 2 investigators present and I was praying so hard that Julia would come on time (she would also be the determining factor of if we could get the standard or not). And what do you know, but in walks Julia!!! Everything else after that all just fell into place for us to get the standard this week! It was absolutely amazing to see how the Lord really does listen to my prayers and wants to bless Sister Bezdjian and I for our real intent in goal setting!
Funny thing this week: we were having a really nice lesson about the wonderful and beautiful Plan of Salvation. Over the past little bit, I've been bookmarking good verses in Polish to read during certain topics. I pulled out my BOM in the lesson and started reading about what i thought was about where our Spirits go after death (Alma 40:11-14)....i ended up reading about something totally different and something about the devil or something!!! Sister Bezdjian just gave me a hilarious horrified look!! we finially figured out that I was reading Alma 39 instead of 40!! hahha it was HILARIOUS!!! oh my..... that's all i'm going to say.
Well I love you all so much! Everyday I pray to love the people more, my companion more, the members more, the city more, the investigators more, and this wonderful work more! And guess what, the Lord is answering my prayers!
Love,
Sister Blake


P.S.Also! One last thing! I was thinking about this this week and Kate gave me this idea in the MTC! But it really hit me this week...that there are SO many prophets and amazing people in the scriptures who have some of their most spiritual experiences outside! That's where I feel most connected with Heavenly Father, is when I pray outside. I challenge all of you to go outside and have a conversation with Heavenly Father...in your heart but even better, out loud! Be like all the prophets (Nephi, Enos, Moses, the Brother of Jared, Abraham and so many more) who have amazing experiences outside in God's great and glorious creations!

And for missionaries, if that doesn't work out, you should spend a personal study looking them up! it's really cool!
love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment