Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 17, 2013

Before I say anything else: Happy Father's Day to Dad and Nathan! I am so grateful for all the support and love you give me! Thank you for both of your examples! It's too bad I can't call you both today, but know that I was thinking about you both yesterday! I love you!

Next item of business: I would just like to start off by clearing up a myth...Syd...remember when we were talking about missions a while back and we were saying that a mission is like every day being a Sunday? Well this week I was having a real good laugh that we EVER thought that! haha Not only is Sunday the busiest day of the whole week, but every single day we are working our tails off! haha Not leisurely going to church, reading the scriptures, la la la...we are breaking a sweat as we literally run from one meeting to another! I can guarantee (my spelling has gotten horrible!) that every single person in this city thinks that Mormon missionaries are the most spaztic and busy people on the planet! Haha but it's a good thing! Shows them that we're in demand :) Every night this week I flopped into my bed with absolutely no energy left! And I love it! The fact that I use every ounce of energy I have throughout the day is so rewarding!

This week, we had a really neat experience with a gypsy family! We ran into them on our way home after a long day of marvelous work! The thing that made it so amazing was how happy and loving they were! We had just finished a lesson with a lady who was really sad...(the gospel will make her happy! so i'm glad that we're teaching her), but the atmosphere of the lesson was a little depressing simply because she had a sad attitude. But with this gypsy family, they were SO joyful! They eminated joy and it not only made me realize that families really are a gift from Heavenly Father, but that attitude is everything! After we left them to go on our way (after receiving their contact info and setting up with them of course!), we were both just filled with joy because they were so happy because THEY were so happy! It made me realize that my attitude effects others, too: companions, members, investigators, and heck! even people on the street!!

I think I've said this in a previous email, but something I realized again this week was that sometimes that is a tablespoon and sometimes it's a gallon. But as long as we're trying our best every day, the Lord will be pleased with my work.
Something else I understand better after this week is the Lord's wisdom. Sister Bezdjian and I were going for the mission standard this week (meaning that we were trying to get reach set mission-wide goals). If 3 investigators showed up in church, then we would need 3 more member lessons and 3 more lessons with less-active members and recent converts. We planned everything revolving around that hope that 3 investigators would come to church! But the Lord knows us and what we can handle so much better than we do ourselves. We only had 1 investigator show up for church, which completely altered our plans for the rest of the day. Had 3 people come, we would have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off because we would've been trying to reach the standard! But the Lord knew that today, we just couldn't physically handle it! We tried our best and worked as hard as we could! And that's all that mattered to Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for how wise He is!
Miracle of the week/month: So it is summer time...there is a lot of trees in bloom...there is a lot of pollen...there are a LOT of sneezes coming out of me! Mom...you know just how bad my allergies get!!! The miracle is that between 11:00 am and 9:00 pm (proselyting hours) I don't have ANY problems with allergies! But as soon as I wake up in the morning and get ready for bed at night, my eyes get all red, puffy, and itchy! and I start sneezing like crazy! But as soon as we walk out of the door, it is all fine! It's TRULY a tender mercy!
Also, this Friday, we had a GRILL!! It was SO much fun! Lots of yummy food and we had some non-members come and realize that Mormons are normal and nice and we got some people's numbers and we had a pinata and it was so much fun!!
Funny thing of the week: I am making a confession here...the other day we weren't really working as hard as we could to get home on time.. i know i know! bad! but we've repented so I feel like I can share this story: We were running late on getting home and as soon as the clock struck 9, everything shot to poop!! Neither of us could utter a word of Polish and suddenly we were dropping everything and could not focus! It was a learning lesson, but we were also just dying laughing to learn that lesson the hard way!
That's all for this week! Transfers are next week so i'll let you know what's going to happen there! AH! love you all!
Love,
Sister Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment