Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013


Holey Moley! Is it really week 6 already!! That means that I leave for Poland in just 3 short SHORT weeks!! I have grown to LOVE the MTC soooo much!! There is a really special spirit here! There are thousands of young people all going to serve the Lord all over the world! People have put off education, jobs, friends, and even marriage to be here to do what the Lord has asked them to do! It really is such an amazing thing that this true church is beginning to reach every corner of the Earth! The Book of Mormon is a world wide book! My dream would be to see the Book of Mormon on the New York Times Best Selling book list! Wouldn't that just be the neatest thing ever?!
I don't know if any of you noticed it, but my district and I definitely did! There was a song sung during General Conference called "Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise"...in the second verse, the glorious choir sang: "Ye heralds, sound the golden trump to earth's remotest bound. Go spread the news from pole to pole..." STOP! Pole to Pole! As in people in POLAND!!!! How amazing! The song was written for us!! As missionaries, I am a herald of the Lord! I am going to Poland to do His work and and helping and lifting and encouraging others and teaching them about the wonderful news that we have a Savior that loves us! I just can't get over how amazing it is that at this point in my life, while I'm on a mission, I get to be the Lord's angel...His messenger! to tell the world of this news! From POLE to POLE!
On that subject! how great was general conference? It was so amazing to hear all those talks about missionaries and the new missionaries since last October's announcement where the mission age was lowered! That I am here in the MTC watching the following conference session! It was really so amazing! I loved it!
Thank you Mom for the fun easter pakcage! And, thank you Makena for delivering it!! Thank you Dad and Lu for the package too! I ate the cookies and they were so great!! YUMMY!!! And Megan, your sweet Easter package was so nice of you! Family, I love and miss you! Not in a distracting way missing you, but in a lovingly keep you in my prayers!
Until next week!!
Love,
Sister Kendall Blake :)

my method of learning the vocab ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment