Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 2, 2014


I am SOOO happy!! And I'll tell you why: I am constantly being encouraged through the examples of my companions to be spiritual...to work hard...to be diligent...to love others....to sacrifice for others and the Lord...to pray often...to preach the gospel...to become the best me I can become! It is SO amazing to have the strength of 2 other fabulous examples! It is such a blessing that I get to work with BOTH sisters.  We were thinking of other three-somes in the scriptures and we discovered the most powerful 3-some of all: the Godhead! Of course I'm not comparing myself to God the Father or the Savior...but the fact that it's the most powerful trio in the universe says something. I truly feel so spiritually powerful working in a three-some with these sisters and am so grateful for this opportunity!

Teresa, our investigator who's getting baptized on Saturday is soooo amazing! We introduced at the beginning of the week tithing...she believed us, but was still not super convinced or willing to pay. We saw her every day this week and each day, her heart softened more and more! 1st she felt a confirmation from the Lord that tithing is a law of God. It was also such a cool thing because I really love her and want her new business to flourish but she doesn't have many clients yet...but I really felt like I needed to help in some way! she had sewed a skirt and I really liked it (bonus!) so I bought it! Of course I'm stoked that now I'll always think of her when I wear this skirt, but I'm even more excited that I was able to give of my substance a little and help her out by supporting her business! Later she said she put 10% of that money away for tithing!!! AHHH!! I can't tell you how joyful the whole thing was!! By the end of the week, she had been setting 10% in cash away of sales she has had in her store this week! I am sooo proud of her! She is truly committed and is truly a kingdom builder! I love her so so so so so so so  SO SOO SO SO much!!! I am so blessed to be here in Warsaw at this time with the branch I'm in, with the investigators we have, and with the COMPANIONS I have!!! I feel like I'm truly becoming what the Lord wants me to become! 

I had the coolest thing happen on Sudnay! JENNY CHRISTENSEN came to our branch!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was the coolest thing to have someone from home there in my mission world! The past few months I've been wondering and hoping that when I get home from my mission, that I'll be able to stay this person that I have become on my mission. The "me" I have become I like the best than at any other time in my life, and I want to stay that way. I was worried that coming home would put me in a different world.. that I'd really have to adjust and be able to some how adapt. I know that i will have to adjust to a certain extent with the lifestyle of a missionary being different from that of a student. BUT! I realized when Jenny was there that I didn't feel like it was mission me fighting against home me. But rather that they were one! My home world is my mission world! I'm not living two different lives...but they really are one! I'm so grateful to have peace that came from that experience that the world I'm in now in the mission CAN and DOES coexist with my home life as well :) I got to introduce a home friend to mission friends and mission family and it couldn't have felt more natural! the mission life here isn't just some dream I'm in...it IS real life! And I'm glad I got the confirmation that this real life will continue, but just in a different way :)
 
Funny: We had a lesson with Ewa Conn and she had bugs crawling out of her fur/wool jacket!!! She was freaking out!  Yes I'm serious Sister Owen!!! You would've DIED if you were there!!
 
Love,
Sister Blake
 
Pictures:
We visited Chopin statue in lazienki Park and were rockin out to some piano music :)



No comments:

Post a Comment