Monday, March 25, 2013

March 25, 2013



Hi there!!

Well this week was an absolute blast! As you might have been able to tell from my last email, I was really hard on myself the week before this one. I was doing the best I could do, but expecting more of myself than was even possible! During companionship inventory (where me and my companion have an honest heart to heart about how we felt about the week and help each other to know what we can do better the next week), my companion pointed out that I was being a little too hard on myself and that I needed to lighten up a bit and give myself a little more slack. I really tried to do that this week...to still work hard and do my best, but to also have a little bit of fun!! And this week ended up being a blast!! My district is SO funny! We make up the most hilarious and elaborate stories to help us remember Polish words and every one just loves each other (in a missionary appropriate way :) ) and we just have the greatest time! One thing that for some reason I was laughing so hard at was today, my companion said, "Ya and then he was going to give me a ring for Christmas...or something like unto it." I was laughing so hard at that! That's when you can really tell that we've been studying the scriptures for a few hours a day! haha "something like unto it!" hahaha! Another thing I found hysterical was that we were teaching our investigator and assumed that he was like 27 or so (meaning the role that our teacher was playing as an investigator)...but come to find out, we have been teaching a 16 year old!!! we were laughing so hard at this and especially when our teacher said "what do you mean you didn't know I was 16?! I said I liked soccer and video games!" and we laughed even harder because how the heck were we supposed to know that vocabulary!?! ahahah

Speaking of Polish, my companion and I have actually learned a lot of words! We can actually say quite a bit during lessons and things, but it's just the vocabulary that we need to use in a normal conversation that we don't know yet.. haha so we have  a LONG way to go! We started learning the grammar for the past 2 weeks. Polish is an inflected lagunage meaning that the order of the words doesn't really matter but the endings of words do. So you can pretty much talk like Yoda and as long as each word has the right ending on it, it will make sense to a Pole.

I have made so many amazing friends here! I don't think that I was 100% prepared to make so many new friends! I love all the people here and just love all the people I have met. But nothing beats friends from back home! I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing so many friends at the temple this past week!! What a ball!! Makena, Ella, Alex, Doug, and Megan! It was so much fun! and such a blessing! I was just so happy to see them!

Like I mentioned last week, I've started reading the Book of Mormon again from the very beginning and I start every scripture study out with a prayer asking for the Spirit to let me notice things that i haven't noticed before that can help me. It has been so fascinating!! I LOVE reading the Book of Mormon! It's chalk full of truth and blessings and happiness!

So every Sunday night, we get to watch a film (by film I mean just a church video or an old MTC devotional that they play on the big screen). But this Sunday they played the movie the Testaments. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It is so amazing! It was a movie about people living in the Americas when Christ was preaching in Jerusalem. In the end of the film, It shows Christ coming to the Americas to His "other sheep" (who we believe are ancient American peoples). He preached to them and healed them and loved them. The movie was so touching, especially the last little bit when Christ comes up to a man (the main character of the movie) and calls him by name and heals him. This movie just strengthened my testimony even more about how much Christ loves me...individually and personally. He know that my name is Kendall. He knows that my jaw pops whenever I chew. He knows that I have a mole on the right side of my nose. He knows that my favorite kind of ice cream is Java chip. He knows what makes me happy. He knows what makes me sad. He knows how He can best uplift me and comfort me. And He loves me more than anyone in the entire world (and that's saying something because I have such loving and wonderful family and friends.) Jesus Christ is the most loving, humble, giving, patient, and merciful person that has ever walked this Earth, and I am so honored that I get to follow in His footsteps and so honored that I can call Him my Older Brother.

I love all of you so much and am so grateful for your support and love. How incredibly lucky I am...actually no... how incredibly BLESSED I am! Who am I to be have been blessed with such a life! I thank the Lord everyday for the cards I have been given!

Lots of love,
Sister Kendall Blake

P.S. I sang in the choir the other day when people came to film it!! They are giong to feature what they filmed in between conference sessions! Make sure to look out for me!! I am on the right hand side in the last row of girls before it turns into boys! Keep an eye out for me!!
P.S.S.. Thank you mom for the BREAD!! So yummy!! also, thank you Kate for the dictionary and the goodies!! YUMMY!

picture 1: an elder going to Bulgaria got 2 black eyes from falling on the floor face first!
picture 2 and 3: me and some of my closest friends! I love them so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment