Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11, 2013


This week was fantastic! I'm really getting the hang of it here and have grown to really love it! People are still fun and still make jokes and still sing songs, etc! Just now a chorus of missionaries in the laundry room starting singing 500 miles by the proclaimers! So needless to say it is really fun! There is a french girl in my zone and she is so nice!! We talk in French all the time and I love it! I love keeping up the language! We've been learning more about Polish and what kind of language it is. It's a case language meaning that the way the word is used is more important than the placement of the word! We haven't really gotten into that yet, but it's still very interesting! Mom, I really want you to sign me up for a linguistics class when i start school again!

So the third day that we were in the MTC, we taught our first investigator...in POLISH! His name was Arek and it turns out that he actually ended up being our teacher. But the first lesson was awful! We didn't know how to say anything and we were so nervous! We taught him 3 more times after that. The 2nd time was awesome! We studied vocabulary like crazy so we could actually have things to say! We felt the Spirit the whole time and felt really inspired. The third lesson we invited him to make a promise with Heavenly Father that you will follow Him and turn your heart to Him and change your ways...this promise is made through baptism! the lesson went super well and he said he wanted to be but he needed more time! The last lesson went so well and we knew a lot more words and felt so much more comfortable! We taught him about the plan of salvation and then asked him to be baptized again...he said yes!! It felt so awesome! We were so happy! Anyways, the whole thing was an awesome experience and I'm so grateful that we were thrown into that situation even though it was super uncomfortable because I learned SO much! I've gained a testimony of being inspired while planning...otherwise we wouldn't have been able to teach Arek well at all! The point of the whole first week: to absolutely overwhelm us so that all we can think of to do is to rely on the Lord. What an inspired program this is!

My favorite part of each day is personal study! We just get an hour to search the scriptures! Whether it's to uplift me, or to answer a question that I have, I can always find what I'm looking for in the scriptures! I've grown to love the scriptures so much!!! They are so amazing and really can answer any question that your soul has! I wish I understood that before I came here. I've always just read one chapter a night and called it good. Granted, I did try to read that chapter sincerely and get something out of it, but I didn't even ever think to have a question and then go to the scriptures.  It's great to study a certain topic! This week I was realding in Alma chapter 53 and 56 and was reading about the army of Helaman and realized that I am in an army very similar to that! I don't have enough time to include the whole story, so if you don't know it, look up in the Book of Mormon in Alma chapter 53 and 56. I am in God's army and Christ is the Captain leading me. Everyday when I put my tag on, I am puttin gmyself on the front lines of this spiritual battle. It's such an amazing feeling and I feel honored to have been chosen and called as one of Christ's soldiers!

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Grandma Nancy, Marlene Gallacher, Lauren Greenwood, Mom and Aunt Sandy for the packages! Thank you so much! And I love all the letters! Dearelders and hand written! Thank you thank you thank you everyone!!!

Lots of Love,

Sister Kendall Blake

Beautiful day in the sun at the Provo Temple

Me and Melissa Stewart

 Me and two sisters in my zone (one is from England and one is from France and I get to speak in French to her all the time!)

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice read the confidence and strength in your words. You seem wise beyond your years. I'd tell you God will protect you and guide through this incredible journey, but you already know that. God Bless you and be with you Kendall. Linda

    ReplyDelete