Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

Week 63

This week was just filled with miracles! The work here in our area is really starting to pick up! Starting from scratch is always a little rough, but when you start to see the fruits of your labors, it's absolutely amazing and is so rewarding! Today I wanted to focus on the miracle of Teresa most of all.

We met Teresa while walking to a meeting one day and we started talking to her of couse about Jesus Christ. She said that she was pretty on the fence about Jesus Christ lately and was really questioning and doubting His Divine Sonship. So of course, we jumped on the opportunity to help our sister out and set up a time to meet on Sunday. When we met on Sunday, she was saying things about how she knows that Christ existed and suffered for our sins, but that He doesn't really help us... that we're on our path alone in this life. But the next meeting a few days later, I was nearly in tears when she pointed to the Book of Mormon and said, "Ever since I started reading this book and saying prayers the way you girls taught me, I feel light... I feel support! I realize now that Christ doesn't want me to go through life alone. He wants to support me!" Another funny miracle is that she said that after our meeting on Sunday, she prayed and asked Heavenly Father if this was the right path for her. A little bit later, she went to a Catholic mass and the priest read something from the Bible that said something like, "Ye shall know my plan/path for you when you feel it grow in your heart" ...somthing like that. Teresa described it to us saying, "When the priest read that, I didn't feel that way, but it reminded me that when I was in that meeting with you guys earlier that day, I DID feel like that!" AH! So amazing! It was the coolest thing to see in what different ways the Lord answers prayers so His children will know that He hears them! After learning about the Plan of Happiness, she decided that she wanted to be baptized on June 7th! So now we're working towards that date with her! I seriously am so amazed by how the Lord blesses us!
Funny Moment: Honesty Circle! So I've been having some skin problems lately. But heaven knows THAT's not the funny moment of this week! The funny moment is something that happened yesterday. I was waiting for my turn yesterday to call my family when I freshly returned Polish missionary (as in a missionary who lived in Poland, left for a mission, and came back to Poland last week) walks in the room without saying a word. He hands me a book, and walks out a few seconds later. The title of the book is "Doctors' Secrets to a Lifetime of Clear Skin".... !!!!!!! hahahah I wasn't sure if I should be offended or feel grateful that he was trying to do something nice! There's Polish tact for you! But me and the sisters in the room absolutely DIED laughing!!!
Love,
Sister Blake



No comments:

Post a Comment