Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Week 43

This week was a really great week! The opportunity to be on a mission is such an amazing one! I not only get to help others grow and become new creatures in Christ, but I get to do the same right along with them! I don't necessarily thing I have become a completely different person on my mission...I still like to talk with people and laugh and eat sweets and have adventures... but the good qualities I had before are becoming more amplified, the strong parts of my testimony are becoming stronger, whereas my not-so-good qualities are improving and the weaker parts of my testimony are being strengthened. I'm so grateful that I had submitted myself to be clay in the Lord's hands. He knows what I need to become. He knows what strengths I will need to have in my future and He's helping me to become that right now! What a blessing to be an angel in the Lord's holy work at this time in my life.

I had a bit of a sacred moment this week that I would like to share. For the most part, becoming more consecrated, diligent, time-efficient, and obedient in the past week or two has really helped me develop a real DESIRE for the work! I want to go out and talk to people about the gospel! Even in the freezing hail and snow! But the other day, I was talking to people on a tramwaj (a form of public transportation here) and I was feeling really down, a little discouraged, and a little defeated. During lunch time, while my companion was using the bathroom, I had a quiet moment to myself (despite the fact that it was in a busy mall bathroom) and said a little prayer to Heavenly Father telling Him how I was feeling and why and asked for a little help or encouragement or advice or comfort....pretty much anything to just know He was there. I opened up the mini English Book of Mormon with me that I have in my purse and opened up to Mosiah 26.

14 "And it came to pass that after [she] had poured out [her] whole soul to God, the a voice of the Lord came to [her], saying: Blessed art thou, [Sister Blake], and blessed are they who were baptized in the waters of Mormon. Thou art blessed because of thy exceeding faith in the words alone of my servant[s]... And blessed art thou because thou hast established a church among this people; and they shall be established, and they shall be my people... Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep... Therefore I say unto you, Go."

In this mall bathroom, I got all choked up... I knew in that moment that God really does hear prayers and answer them. He supports and comforts us in our time of need, and as we are doing our best, He is there right beside us.

The Lord is really blessing us in so many ways! I'm so grateful to each day love this work more and more! What an exciting and wonderful thing! I'm grateful to be Sister Montesinos' companion, grateful to be in Łódź, grateful to have the Tueller's here as the senior couple, grateful to get to see some snow, grateful to be serving the Lord! I am loving every second of this work!

Funny moment of this week: one of them that's fresh on my mind is something Elder Tueller said (the husband in the senior missionary couple here). We got a GIANT bread bowl at this popular place called Manekin here, and he said, "WOW! That'll warm up your innards!!" What!??!! hahaha I was dying! His wife started dying laughing and giving him a hard time for sounding like a hillbilly! haha I'm so grateful for this sweet senior couple we have here!

Love,
Sister Blake

Here are some pictures of our brand new apartment! It's practically out of Ikea! haha it's SUPER nice! Like I think one of the nicest apartments in the mission! P.S. you pronounce the city Łódź, "woodge".


 These are some pictures from Christmas time that I never got a Chance to send! It was so fun! On Christmas Eve, we rode a train home from Krakow and I felt like I was on Polar Express! Sister King and I on Christmas morning decorated stockings! and I love the new boots you guys sent me! I've worn them every day since Christmas! and we also made Christmas sugar cookies before going to bed! Christmas in the mission is unlike anything else! I loved it! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment