Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Week 22

This week has been SO amazing and of course like every week has been a whirl wind! It's so interesting the different ways that we are tempted. Each person is tempted in a different way. Mine is that I am contantly doubting my effectiveness...Silly yes, but this is the honesty circle here. 2 weeks ago (and honestly ever since I got here until about last week) I have been stressed out of my brains! But over the course of the past two weeks, I have started to become less stressed! Good? I think so...but at the same time, now I am stressed that I'm NOT stressed! hahaha thoughts yesterday kept coming to my mind of "If I'm not stressed does that mean I'm not working my hardest?!" I want to give the Lord EVERYTHING I have! But I read a general conference talk yesterday that helped ease my worries a little bit. In General Conference (the priesthood session) Pres. Uchtdorf said in his talk Four Titles "Perhaps it is true that we are weak. Perhaps we are not wise or mighty. But when God workds through us, no one and nothing can stand against us. This is why you are needed. You have your own special contribution to make and God can magnify that contribution in a mighty way." Reading that gave me a lot of peace. I am making a difference! Even if it is a tiny one, God will magnify it and make it matter. I AM needed! Even if the fruits of my work aren't necessarily being seen by myself right now. Anyways, I'm really glad I read that talk and I really loved it and I encourage anyone reading this blog/email to read it! :)

Next item of business:
This week I learned so much personally as I learned for our investigators. In the beginning of my mission....(well I guess I still am in the beginning of my mission haha) but I would study everyday the simple doctrines. I learned a lot especially because I had to learn the simple truths since I could only speak in simple Polish. I read from Preach my Gospel everyday and mostly just tried to absorb everything that it said so that I would be able to say exactly what it said so I wouldn't "mess up" in the lessons. Now that I have gotten a little more comfortable with not only Polish, but with teaching and with my studies, I have been seeing how my studies are changing. Instead of trying to absorb the doctrines from Preach my gospel by simply reading through it, I recently have been making connections between doctrines, been identifying principles and how we can live these doctrines, and referencing and cross referencing things in Preach my Gospel to other sections of it and to the scriptures and personal experiences! I have been learning so much!

The principle I learned this week, therefore, is that as we are more spiritually prepared, the more we can receive. In Matthew, Christ teaches that when one has knowledge, they can receive more, but those that don't use the knowledge that they have will lose it. I feel like I have been experiencing this principle. I have been so blessed with a greater understanding of the Atonement and of the Plan of Salvation in this past week...and I believe it is because I have been trying to study during personal study in order to (żeby) teach PEOPLE and their needs and concerns and apply it to them! Trying to apply this gospel to their life has helped me apply it to mine! It has really been an amazing experience to be able to see the growth I have been making even in the past 2 weeks!

Also....miracles for me this week: SISTER BEZDJIAN (aka...sara...?) was in Wrocław!!! Reunited at last!!! Oh my I love her so much and love her sweet family so much! What a blessing that was! A best friend as a trainer?! How many missionaries can say that?! probably not very many, so I am so blessed and SOOO grateful!

Funny Moment this week
I met a lady on the street yesterday who said: "I'm sick and you all can't come over because I'm sometimes stuck at home for 5 days! I have constapation and am sometimes in the bathroom for 3 hours!!" hahahah I was trying so hard to be empathetic to her situation, but tears were welling in my eyes because i was trying so hard not to laugh!! haha anyway!

LOVE YOU!

Love,

Sister Blake

*(Sweet Bday Message from Kendall. I also received a birthday video from her old companion's mother as they were visiting Poland yesterday. Best Bday gift ever, video of my daughter joyfully wishing me Happy Birthday while serving the Lord from across the world. I posted video on facebook:)

Mom!! I just wanted to write you a little note and tell you how much I love you and wish you a happy birthday!!! ... I am currently translating one of your emails into Polish so I can give it to a member here because I think you are so inspiring! haha Mom, you are amazing and such a rock. You don't seem a day older than 25!...except for your wisdom is much greater than a 25 year olds :) I love you soooooooo much!....Going to a castle today and leaving in 10 minutes, so can't email very much! 

** (Note I received titled Happy Birthday from Kendall's first in country companion, Sister Sara Bezdjian's mother)

Dear Karen, this is Lindy Bezdjian, Siostra Sara Bezdjian's mom.  We were touring Sara's mission and our first stop was Wroclaw so we were able to meet your daughter.  As we were walking to church we met up with Kendall and Sis. Ellis.  But we didn't walk with them long.  Kendall broke off from us to invite a lady walking down the street to church.  It was so amazing to watch her focus on the Lord's work even though we were there and could be considered a distraction.

It was very touching to see her dedication and love for missionary work.  I am so glad Sara and Kendall were able to serve together!  Lindy Bezdjian
Library from where Kendall sends her weekly letters in Wroclaw

Photo sent from Kendall's companion after first seeing her in Wroclaw on the way to church. Love it since it is as I can imagine catching her walking down a street if I were to run into her in Wroclaw. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment